Monday, March 09, 2009

 The Worst Date Ever...part 2

So today I was feeling a bit at a loss for material that I cared to actually share with the whole blogosphere. I then remembered a long ago post that I had always intended to go back to and figure now is as good a time as ever.

So if you read it, you remember that "Billy" acted like he was into me, but took 2 months to call. (Silly Delaware and their lack of phones!) Well when he called he invited me to Wine in the Woods. I thought it seemed like a perfect first date and was really excited about it!

So he picks me up, and pays for our tickets to get into the place. He was even quite the gentleman opening car doors for me and stuff. I believe he even held my hand for a bit. But then, as we were wandering around enjoying the wine and the woods and he suddenly asks "So I was wondering, is this a date?"

WTF?

I'm not sure exactly how I answered, I was a bit thrown, as you can imagine.

But before we had the chance to discuss this bizarre question, we ran into a coworker of his. He introduced me and the coworker says something to the effect of "It's so great to meet you, I've heard so much about you!" And before I could have a mini panic attack about the potential that "Billy" might be a stalker, he says to his friend "oh...this isn't her..."

A bit awkward, right?

I proceeded to laugh that off and then go on to drink AS MUCH WINE AS POSSIBLE for the rest of the afternoon.

When he brought me home he walked me up to my door and gave me a kiss.

WTF?

As you can imagine, this was the most surreal "date" (did we ever establish this? I don't think so!) that I was ever on!

So even though I've gone out with a guy who took me to the Taco Bell in a mall food court on our first date, a guy who managed to tell me that he was both a) rich and b) an orphan in the first 5 minutes of our date, and a guy who told me ON OUR SECOND DATE that we would be engaged by Valentine's (even though it was already November), I think that my afternoon drinking wine in the woods with "Billy" wins the prize!

The scariest part? We actually kinda sorta dated on and off for years and I still consider him a friend. (and not just on facebook, although he is there so let's hope he never gets inspired to follow my blog link!)


Posted by Acinom @ 5:31 PM