Thursday, December 13, 2007

 Oh the pressure!!

Today I added a new reader... and that's put a ton of pressure on me... why? Because she said "I'm always game for a good blog". Good! Eep! Too bad it wasn't "Im always game for a lame blog about nothing much more than having no life other than cats"!

So now I feel compelled to write something interesting.

And of course, I'm at a loss.

For inspiration I read AJ's blog and the post about the worst date of all time gave me some. But first I have to admit that I was wondering what was so bad about November 30th? Seems like a benign enough date to me! Oh THAT kind of date... yeah, Im a little slow sometimes.

Mine isn't about the worst date ever (which I'd guess would be sometime in February- I hate that month) but about one of the most ridiculous quotes from a man ever.

So there was this guy who's friends with my best friend's husband. I asked my friend's hubby to set me up with him (even though I had never met him, but I figured why not?) and he replied that he wouldn't, because the friend wasn't good enough for me. I didn't get how a guy could actually say that about a friend of his, but whatever...

So then the day came when I met him over at their house. From here on I'll call him... Billy. No, that wasn't his name, but if you knew what his last name was, it would amuse you.

So the next day my friend calls and tells me that BIlly really dug me and wanted to hang out again as a group thing. I have to say I was pretty attracted to him so I was all for it. So we all made plans to get together the following weekend at this place called Jillian's, which is like a Chuck E Cheese with a bar for adults. We had this amazing time. Billy and I totally clicked, and there was a serious connection happening I thought. Actually, so did my friend- she said she hadn't seen him that into someone in a long time. Cool! So we get home, he walks me to my door and tells me that he'd love to see me again, would it be ok if he called? I said definitely.

2 months went by and he never called. Um, ok. Whatever. I'm not desperate so I didn't stress over it, but I did think it was odd. Then one day the phone rang and it was him. And he said to me "I'm sorry I didn't call sooner, but I was in Delaware".

So I'm not sure what surprised me more, that he finally called, or that I lived 30something years without ever knowing that they had no phones in Delaware.

Posted by Acinom @ 8:07 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Haha! Here in DE, we only have the phones with the crank, and most of them have been stolen to work our Model T's. :D

Posted by Blogger fergojisan @ 7:20 AM #
 
<< Home