Tuesday, November 02, 2010

 VOTE! (as long as you agree with me!)

I know it's wrong, but every time I see another facebook friend who's political leanings differ from mine I tense up a wee bit.

Then I have to see at least 2 who agree with me who say they voted to balance that out and make me relax some.

Unfortunately, this isn't a good test of what the polls look like since the majority of my friends pretty much have the same political views as I do.

I know it's wrong to not want the other side's voice to be heard, but I really believe in my heart that the other side has it wrong.

But I'll keep my mouth shut. (other than here-- but I didn't say which side I am on, so that kinda counts, right?)

So I'll just encourage all of you to get out and vote. (and then wish an unplanned meeting on those of you who differ from my point of view that distracts you and keeps you away from the polls...)

Every year on election day these lyrics come to mind:

You can't change the world
But you can change the facts
And when you change the facts
You change points of view
If you change points of view
You may change a vote
And when you change a vote
You may change the world

I hope that in time, enough of us can change points of view to change votes to change the world...

Posted by Acinom @ 9:33 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I voted for no witches.

Posted by Blogger fergojisan @ 3:02 PM #
 
<< Home