Tuesday, November 16, 2010

 Unlucky Socks

Today I wore a pair of St Patrick's Day socks. They say "LUCKY" on them and have lots of shamrocks and stuff.

Today, they didn't work.

The day appeared to start out ok... I got some possibly good news.

And then it went to hell. At least the morning did.

The first patient took meds she shouldnt have and had to be rescheduled.

We found out a special dose we needed for an important study tomorrow failed it's QC and was unavailable.

Then I dropped a $4000 piece of equipment known as "bars". It's something we use for checking the resolution on the camera. It is about 84000 pieces of lead in lines under glass. They all fell out. And lead is soft, so they all got bent and stuff.
Fortunately, I actually managed to put it back together, it only took about an hour.

We had the sibling of a patient with the most annoying parents I've met so far next. Mom is still as annoying as before.

Then the next patient pulled his IV out of his hand but still had it taped down so my coworker squirted his dose all over his fingers. Not bad for him, but not fun.

Then I had to inject a patient that was all the way on the other side of the hospital forever away. Carrying a VERY heavy box. I got there and they hadn't pre-treated him with the medication he needed. I had to carry said heavy box back far far away.

I am sure that other stuff happened but at this point I think I've blocked it all out.

I think I'm burning those socks.

Posted by Acinom @ 9:01 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I think Seamus needs to sleep on them to bring the luck back.

Posted by Blogger Maria @ 7:14 AM #
 
<< Home