Thursday, November 04, 2010

 Tasting Little Italy


So last night my friend (my one friend, that's all I have here locally) and I went to the Taste of Little Italy event. There were 22 locations involved, and for 35 bux you got to walk around and eat or drink something at each venue.

This whole event lasted for 4 hours, we got there with only 3 hours left due to work, and we were afraid we wouldn't make it to every location.

We didn't make it to every location but not because of time...but because our bellies were too full!

Just about everything we had was AMAZING! My favorite was the ravioli's with goat cheese and organic spinach I think. My least favorite was this bacon wrapped lamb thing on a bed of lentil salsa. The lentil bit was pretty good- very garlicky, but the lamb had zero flavor.

My friend Maria over at foodtoons draws yummy food and stuff. It's really quite clever and way more cool than I just made it sound. I told her to check out the menu options for this gig and draw some of it, since she's doing NaBloPoMo and might need some ideas, so check her out to see if she goes there. I hope she does, because I would love to see her interpretations!

This morning I had the biscotti that I got from one of the coffee shops for breakfast so my evening did last into the next day, as all eating extravaganzas should.

If you are ever in my town, you should definitely check out Little Italy for dinner because not only is the atmosphere there adorable, the food is INCREDIBLE!!

Posted by Acinom @ 1:48 PM