Sunday, November 07, 2010

 Stinky Feet Shoes

It's something sad that happens in the life of all extremely beloved, well worn shoes-- they become stinky feet shoes.

It's way more common with sandals but you know you've had sneakers or even dress shoes it's happened to as well.

It's not something we like to talk about, but I am not ashamed of my stinky feet shoes! It just means they were well loved, right?

I found this particular pair of stinky feet shoes at Ross about 4 years ago. The second I tried them on, I knew they were mine. They remain the most comfortable things I have ever had on my feet, even better than the memory foam slippers Santa brought me one year. They were not pretty, just plain black, but they were perfect to just slip on and wear all the time. I wore them to work more times than I can count, and I think that is what earned them their current state.

My heart is heavy at the thought of giving these shoes up, but unless the secret trick that sometimes kills the stinkiness works, I shall have no choice.

What is the secret trick, you ask? Freezing them. I learned this a few years ago when someone on a bulletin board I frequented was complaining about how their sandals made their feet stink, and I've tried it since and it usually works. Just throw the shoes in a freezer bag and freeze them for a few days, and whatever it is that makes them stinky will be gone. Sometimes it works, but it's always a short term fix. I just am hoping to get a few more months out of these shoes, so if I have any hope, I'm going to go for it.

So that is my exciting post for the day. Ode to my black shoes that now make my feet smell.

Aren't you wicked glad I'm blogging again? ;)

Posted by Acinom @ 11:55 AM