Thursday, November 11, 2010

 Missed Connection

So today I took the day off to get my car fixed. I dropped it off and then walked up the street and had breakfast at a place called Coco's (yum!) and then wandered over to the Starbucks next door to kill more time. When I got there I ended up sitting across from this guy who I thought was attractive. We were both there for over an hour reading and during this time we caught each other's eyes a few times, and smiled. Unfortunately, we never spoke.

After I finished my book and left, I was bored, so I was texting with my friend Maria and told her about my missed connection, and jokingly told her I was going to either start stalking that Starbucks, or start stalking the missed connection section of Craigslist. She was bored at work, so I asked her to see if he had posted for me yet.

She said there was a post titled "the perfect woman" so she immediately assumed that was the one for me. (and this is one of the many reasons why I love her!) Sadly, it was from a delusional man.

Even more sadly, my library book Starbucks guy did not post for me....yet.

So we joked about how I could post for him and use it as blog fodder. I wish I could do that, but sadly, I just don't have the cajones to attract crazy people, and I suspect that even if he did look up Craigslist for me, that'd would weird me out too much. I don't think I'd actually go for a guy who's actually go for a girl who did that.

But I did enjoy the time I spent laughing at the crazy people who do post there. If you're ever bored and have some time to kill online, check them out. You will laugh lots.

And guess where I'm headed tomorrow morning for a chai latte? :)

Posted by Acinom @ 5:59 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Oh good! Don't forget to text me the update! :)

Posted by Blogger Maria @ 6:52 AM #
 
<< Home