Monday, November 01, 2010

 Happy NaBloPoMo again!

Yes, it's me! I know you thought I fell off the face of the earth, but no, I just got out of blogging mode. And here we are at yet another BloMo and I feel like after so many years, I had no choice but to jump on board again!

So all day long I was writing this post in my head but now that I'm actually home, I'm so tired I don't feel like posting. Of course.

So why am I home so late? Well for one thing I'm in California. That is my temporary home. I got a travel gig and have been here for 6 weeks, and have 7 more to go.

And why else am I late? I had to go to the Minute Clinic after work. Why? To be told I have bug bites. I did know that already though.

Since I moved here I have been getting a lot of bug bites. They sent a guy from Orkin to come check for bed bugs and fortunately that was negative. They gave me a new mattress and box spring anyway, and I even traded up. Way nicer than the previous. But I'm still getting bit. My agency told me to go to the doctor. Since I knew this was ridiculous, I had no choice but to go to the Minute Clinic rather than a real doctor. And you know, this is my second time there- the first time was one in Georgia where I went to get my ppd and my flu shots. I highly recommend them, they are super nice and fast and easy.

But I was told what I know. They are bug bites. Not fleas or bedbugs. Also not lice. (which I didnt even think of and am so glad to know that was not what it was cuz GROSS!) But what is it? No clue. She said to use cortizone cream and benedryl if they itch a whole lot, and if it really bugs me (pun intended) to go see a dermatologist.

While she was super nice, this was exactly what I knew, and a waste of time. But I can tell my agency I did what I was told, so I guess that's something.

And gas is cheaper over in that part of town. So there's that.

So yes, you waited 5 months for a post from me and all you got was the knowledge that I don't have lice. Aren't you excited I'm doing BloMo again?

Tomorrow will be better :)

Posted by Acinom @ 10:02 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Yay! We will do this together! :)

Posted by Blogger Maria @ 6:12 AM #
 
<< Home