Saturday, November 06, 2010

 Burds

So when I first moved into this temp apartment for this Cali gig we had some window issues. My balcony wall is solid, so the kittehs can't see anything out that giant window (bummer) and the bedroom window had a very tiny sill, so no sitting there.

I had to do something to help these
poor bored kittehs out, so I got birdseed for the balcony. I did not, however, get a bird feeder, I had this brilliant plan instead- I poured the birdseed in a line all along the ledge and then scattered it on the balcony floor. Now we just need to wait for the birdies to find it!

And wait...


And wait...

It took 6 weeks for birds to come. I guess the were all north for the summer? But now they are here!!


And we went through an entire bag of feed this week. I need to run to the store later to stock up on more.










But Little Boy likes to stalk the floor burdies...
(see him hunkered between his floor pillows)
















And RSK even likes BURD TV.
















It may mean I'll be cleaning bird crap off the balcony to get my deposit back, but it's worth every penny...

Although we were not free of incidents...

And since this picture was taken on Monday, there are 3 more burd faces smashed into the window. No dead burd bodies so I assume they were all fine. I am just in awe of how you can see beak and feathers and everything.

Good thing I've never seen that Hitchcock movie or this might be less amusing for me!

Posted by Acinom @ 11:35 AM

Read or Post a Comment

OMG, I never knew birds leave an image when they smash into your windows! Great pics!

Posted by Blogger Maria @ 5:15 PM #
 
<< Home