Saturday, November 27, 2010

 Anna



I LOVE Anna Nalick and tonight I am going to go see her perform!!

I could have seen her a few years ago and I chickened out because I had nobody to go with. It was when I working a travel gig in El Paso and I heard on the radio that she was playing a free show and a local bar and I really wanted to go, however this was when there was some seriously bad stuff happening in the area thanks to the Juarez drug cartels and basically everyone I worked with had my scared to leave my hotel. If I had someone to go with, I probably would have, but alas, I chickened out.

Tonight I have nobody to go with, but I'm there anyway! And Anna said she'd say hi.

I love how twitter and facebook has made celebrities more accessible.

I wrote on her wall on fb that I was coming to her show and she replied! I felt like the silliest fangirl, but I still was stoked.

I'll never forget how 6 (or was it 7?) years ago my sister called me. She never does that, we always communicate via text or IM. But she had just heard this new singer in the studio at her local radio station and she said she knew I would love her. So she immediately called me.

Not only was this odd that my sister called me, but it was also odd because we never talk music. I don't think she could name any of my other favorite artists other than those I loved back in the 80's. But she hit this one right on the head.

I googled Anna, found her website that had some of her music on it and I LOVED it. I then downloaded all of her songs and fell in love with her music. And then I did something I hadn't done in years and haven't even done since really... Even though I had all of her music already downloaded, I went to the store and actually bought her cd too. I figured she was so amazing that I needed to make MY voice heard to the record companies that this was someone special.

I mentioned that to her in my fb post and she said that my hard earned dollars went to buy food for her puppy. I loved that!

She is so freaking adorable too. She posts very regularly on fb and her way is just endearing. She's open and funny and I admired her before as a singer/songwriter, but now I admire her as a person too.

I cannot WAIT to see her live. The venue is kinda weird that it's a restaurant type place too. I originally got a ticket for the bar/lounge area since I was going alone, but then I decided f that, I love her, I want to be close, and I called today and switched it to a table.

Who cares if I have nobody to go with, I am going to hear one of my favorite singer songwriters share her newest music, and that is all that matters!

If I can, I'll try and get video and I'll post it tomorrow.

Shine away...




Posted by Acinom @ 3:10 PM

Read or Post a Comment

YAY! Go you for going by yourself! I can'tw ait to ehar all about it.

Posted by Blogger Maria @ 9:26 AM #
 
<< Home