Saturday, November 28, 2009

 "You don't look 69!"


So the other day I stopped at Food Lion to pick up some wine to bring to Thanksgiving dinner. And I got carded, which always amuses me. When it's waitrons I always assume they are kissing up to get a bigger tip, when it's clerks, I figure they are not paying any attention.

This dude looks at my id and says "You don't look 69!" he goes on to say he would have guessed I was 25.

Ok so here's where I'm not sure if that's an insult or complement.

Does he think that since I was born in 1969 that I am 69 or did he just say it that way? And if so, does that mean that he thinks I'm 25 or that I was born in 25 which would make me be 84 years old?

Kids today :)

But the wine I got was fun. Since I was having dinner at my friend Cat's I got Cat themed stuff. I brought a red and and a white. The white was that Riesling that is in a bottle shaped like a cat (pictured), and the red was a brand "Herding Cats". They made me giggle. :) It's more fun to bring theme wine to a dinner anyway, right?

Posted by Acinom @ 4:28 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I must have this cat bottle

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 9:31 PM #
 

Don't know if you've got it around you but there is a wine with a cartoon cat on the label called "Cat's Phee on a Gooseberry Bush". Despite the name, it's actually a pretty decent Sauvignon Blanc. :)

Posted by Blogger lacochran @ 5:00 PM #
 
<< Home