Monday, November 16, 2009

 ratty tat tats and rummy tum tums


So usually I have 4 and 2/2 radio stations I listen to. I say two halves because the best one is out of Greensboro so I don't get it in certain neighborhoods and the worst one often plays crap so I rarely end up staying on it.


But starting today I am down to 3 2/2 for a month or so. Why? Because the one station has gone to all Christmas music. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas music. I consider myself a bit of a connoisseur of it even. But today it was 75 degrees out. Isn't it a bit wrong that I was listening to these tunes in the car?

Now I do confess, I did listen to U2's Baby Please Come Home because, well, that song rocks. And then I caught Bare Naked Ladies with Sarah McLaughlin's God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and I was forced to listen to that because, well, that song is awesome. And sadly I couldn't find the live version I have on youtube but here's the simple version for you all to enjoy :)

So what're your favorite Christmas songs? I say songs because I have my favorite traditional (Carol of the Bells) and contemporary (Gabrielle's Message by Sting), so I wanna hear both of yours. And then also tell me, when is too soon to start listening?

Posted by Acinom @ 4:09 PM