Sunday, November 22, 2009

 a love hate relationship

So I am still pretending that there's a chance I'm moving.

And I have a total love hate relationship with this.

First of all, I LOVE my current apartment. LOVE it. I have the best location, the greatest screened in porch, a fabulous fireplace... everything about this place is great. And if I could scoop it up and bring it with me, I totally would.

And that goes into part of the hate- I HATE PACKING! I loathe it. I should be doing something productive now actually, purging some of the crap that I've accumulated over the past 5 years at least, because even if I don't move yet, I will be when the lease is up and that would still be useful. But I'm not...

What I am doing is obsessively searching the internet for potential new apartments. I LOVE doing this. There's such a sense of "anything can happen-ness" :) I love looking at all the floorplans and mentally placing my furniture there. I love checking out which amenities they have and eliminating or adding them to the list due to that... NO W/D HOOKUPS? DELETE! FIREPLACE? ADD!

And then going to apartmentratings.com and seeing if they were worthy on there. And it's not just about a number there either, you have to really look. I know disgruntled people will more quickly leave comments than happy ones, so that's something to keep in mind. Plus, if they have bad ratings in 07 but then got new management and their new reviews are great, then that number is kinda irrelevant. And the converse is true too- are the last few suck and it's since new management- RED FLAG!

So I have created my "short list" although I don't know how short 8 complexes are. But 5 of them are open on Sunday and I hope to check them all out. Ive even spent time on googlemaps creating a plan of attack. (yes, I am a dork, I know this!) then I have 3 for Monday, but 2 of them are right next to each other so it shouldn't be too bad.

Hopefully a friend is joining me on Sunday. It always helps to have a second opinion.

So yeah, moving sucks in general, but the hope that comes with it for a perfect new home really does add some fun to it :)

And if anyone has some good suggestions for decent places on the east side of Atlanta, please feel free to leave me a comment :)

Posted by Acinom @ 4:23 PM

Read or Post a Comment

My husband and I go to Open Houses all the time and there isn't a chance in .... that we are moving. It's fun to look and plan. But you seem to be much more serious :0) I love that you have mapped out your route on Sunday!

Posted by Blogger Kristin - The Goat @ 5:14 PM #
 
<< Home