Thursday, November 05, 2009

 I have some good friends :)

So today I went to check the mail... There were some lame things, some icky things, and a card.

I've had a bad October, and for the most part I've been keeping it quiet. Very few peoples know the details of what was going on, and today there was a card from one of them.

It also included a bottle of wine. Ok not, really, it included $10 with instructions to go pick up a bottle of wine with that cash.

It made me really happy :) She did this once before when I was having a bad week, and the instructions were to get wine and cake with the cash. We're both doing weight watchers now though, so I guess that's why no cake this time :) And hey, it means I can get a slightly better bottle ;)

The best part about this card though wasn't the wine that went with it, it was the reminder that even when things seem crappy, I am reminded that I am, in fact, blessed and lucky. With good friends, how can I be anything but?

Posted by Acinom @ 7:40 PM

Read or Post a Comment

What a great idea! I could never pick out a bottle of wine for anyone, but I am perfectly capable of sending cash! What a wonderful thing your friend did for you :)

You are truly blessed and I'm glad you are blogging again, even if it is only because of NaBloPoMo. I made you my site of the day, btw :)

Kristin - The Goat

Posted by Blogger Kristin - The Goat @ 10:23 PM #
 
<< Home