Saturday, November 07, 2009

 Happy Reunion NPHS class of 89!

Tonight is the class of 89's 20th year reunion. I know this because of facebook. And because they opened up their last 2 hours of their reunion to all classes. I won't be crashing this one though, like I did for 88. Last year I happened to be in NJ at the time, this year I'm not, so it's definitely not something I would take a trip for.

When I went to my own reunion 2 years ago it was really amazing meeting all those people again. I had NO IDEA what anyone was up to. No clue what they looked like, what they were doing for work, or where they were living. And I think that's part of what made it so cool to go. Every conversation was interesting. Even the boring people ;)

But now since most of my class is on facebook, I wonder what our 25 year will be like. I also wonder what tonight's will be like for the 89ers since I think a huge chunk of them are on too.

If you've seen each others' pictures, read the stati, know their day to day stuff... I almost wonder what's the point of a reunion? There's one going on every day online.

I wonder how fb has changed reunions anymore. Don't get me wrong, as long as I can, I plan on attending my 25th in a few years, but I really think the magic might be missing. We'll just have to wait and see!

Posted by Acinom @ 7:24 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I found that our 25th Reunion was enhanced by Facebook. My group of friends in H.S. was very small but because of Facebook I was able to talk to nearly everyone and have some idea who they were! We had about a 50/50 mix of people on FB and those that weren't. We were also able to find so may more people for the reunion because of FB. A bonus all the way around.

I've never heard of opening u the reunion to other classes...now that's an idea. :)

Kristin - The Goat

Posted by Blogger Kristin - The Goat @ 3:51 PM #
 

interesting to hear. I would have to count to see how many of us are on fb, but I think it's definitely more than half, and I think it's the main ones who would go to the reunion. We'll see! :)

The last 2 classes who did reunions opened them up after the dinner and cash bar ended. I went to the class after me's last year, it was really cool since my school wasn't very big so we all had friends in other grades too.

Posted by Blogger Acinom @ 8:37 PM #
 
<< Home