Wednesday, November 04, 2009

 Happy Birthday Sesame Street



I really was struggling for inspiration today. (what else is new?)

And then I had to google something. And there was a googledoodle today :)

It's the 40th birthday of Sesame Street!

Which made me take pause and realize, that I am 10 months older than Big Bird. Who would have thought it?

One of my happiest childhood memories involves going to a mall or something (that part of the memory is fuzzy) and meeting Bob and getting a hug from him. One word- SWOON! :)

So happy birthday to all of the people in the Sesame Street neighborhood!!

Posted by Acinom @ 6:10 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I think everyone in our age group has met Bob at some point. Mine was at the Strawberry Festival at the Waterfront in Perth Amboy in the mid 70s.

Probably my most vivid memory of Sesame Street was being mad when I turned it on and found the Watergate hearings instead. :P

Posted by Blogger fergojisan @ 12:14 PM #
 

I vividly remember the Watergate hearings, ugh. I don't remember Sesame Street so much when I was a kid, but when my sisters were kids. They were 7 years and 13 years younger than me. Happy Birthday Sesame Street!

Thanks Monica!
Kristin - The Goat

Posted by Blogger Kristin - The Goat @ 4:40 PM #
 
<< Home