Friday, November 06, 2009

 Good news / Bad news

So the good news is, my cousin is pregnant. This is the cousin who was my best friend growing up, that we pretty much lived in each others' pockets for the first 18 years of our lives. She's six months along, and everything is going well, all the tests have come back normal and healthy :)

The bad news is SHE'S SIX MONTHS PREGNANT AND I JUST FOUND OUT TODAY!

How does this happen? This is the girl who I used to take baths with, and now the most important thing that can happen to a woman is happening to her and I DIDN'T KNOW till now!

When I was young my mom was a SAHM and her mom worked, so she and her brother were often hanging with us. Also, we all were very close to my grandmother so we all spent OODLES of time there. We lived close to each other, and seriously spent ALL THE TIME together.

The extended family fell apart a bit after my grandmother died, but I never imagined that Mary and I would be so distant that something like this could happen and I wouldn't know.

Granted, I live in another state now, we really haven't been wicked tight since the 80's, but still. Wow.

She had no idea I didn't know. She assumed I would have heard through her mom. I don't know yet if her mom thought Mary should be the one to tell, or if she told my mom to tell me and she dropped the ball, but wow.

It makes me so sad how fractured our family has become over the years.

I really hope that my life lines up right that I can make it up to Jersey for the shower, which probably won't be till January she said.

I hope the kid is born on my birthday :)

Posted by Acinom @ 3:31 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Silver lining: material for a blog. ;)

Posted by Blogger AJ @ 11:03 AM #
 

:)

I can't believe you didn't comment on the fact that Mary is having a baby!

Posted by Blogger Acinom @ 8:36 PM #
 
<< Home