Thursday, November 19, 2009

 decisions...

So things are back to being the big changes probably. If I can make it work. Money sucks. If it weren't for money, the decisions would be easy.

I mentioned this earlier in the year, but I am wanting to move to Atlanta. And I might be able to make that happen sooner rather than later. But, alas, I am in a lease.

I had a wee epiphany last night that maybe the leasing company had properties in Atlanta I could transfer to. I was so excited after I looked online and found several, and they were pretty nice. SO I barely slept as my mind was going over and over how to make this all work... I even called PODS for an estimate just in information gathering...

I woke up early, went to the apartment office, and no go. This is a management company, the properties all have different owners. However, I did learn it would cost half as much to break the lease as I thought, AND I can use the deposit towards part of it AND if they rerent it quickly that knocks some off it too, so hmm... maybe I can make this work anyway?

But the PODS are about $1500. Which is about half what I paid for movers to move me in here. But then I'd still have to hire big strong guys to schlep my stuff down to the pod and back up from it. So we'd be talking at least 2k. So bleh.

THEN I thought if I was already going to hire big strong guys, why not get a UHaul? and guess what? UHaul not only rents trucks, they rent big strong guys now! And it costs about 100 bux for 2 BSG's for 2Hrs! And the truck is like 300! That even includes a trailer thingie to tow my car! So for $500 I could actually move!

SO back to making this happen! Maybe. I have to get the job first, of course.

I had a phone interview and have a face to face coming up for something that I think I want. I am just afraid that I may want it more because I want to get to Atlanta than because it's the perfect job. But we'll see. If I get it I'll share more details then :)

So that's what's been going on with me. Trying to figure out if this is the right move, and if it is, how to make it happen. And making decisions has NEVER been my strong point!!

I'm feeling pretty positive though that things will work out :) I've been online for the last few hours checking out apartments, first on forrent.com and then on apartmentratings.com and sadly some that sounded perfect scored like a 12%! One talked about a murder in the parking lot and home invasion rapes. Um...no! So I have a list of 7, but the short list is 2. I hope they are as great as they look online when I check them out :)

Change is scary, but it's also wicked exciting... if I could just make up my mind!!!

Posted by Acinom @ 3:29 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Don't let the cost of the UHaul convince you it's worth the price. Unless they've changed their policies, you still have to pay $$ per mile. That adds up pretty quickly and can skyrocket the expected price. The gas for the UHaul towing a car is also pretty high as well.

Big moving companies like Nationwide or Mayflower will sometimes reduce the cost of a small move to a pittance just to be able to fill their truck - and they come with a guy or two to move your stuff. Give one of the large companies a call and see if they have something for you.

You've been on the edge of something big for a few years now. I can feel it :)

Kristin - The Goat

Posted by Blogger Kristin - The Goat @ 12:00 PM #
 

I am sending you lots of good thoughts for your move, especially $$$ thoughts. The next time we go to Athens for vacation, we will stop on the way and take you to dinner at Mary Mac's! So now it has to happen. :)

Posted by Blogger fergojisan @ 2:31 PM #
 
<< Home