Friday, May 08, 2009

 A blog post about Jorge Garcia

I am going to mention his name more than a few times because he googles himself and I'd love to see if he actually finds this post... this post about Jorge Garcia...

So why is this blog post about Jorge Garcia? Well other than the fact that he's a fabulous actor and plays one of my favoritest characters in the history of TV, it's because I just discovered his blog.

The other day my friend Barb posted a list of songs she was burning onto a Lost themed CD... and I saw that "You All Everybody" was missing from her list. When I asked her about it she told me she couldn't locate it. So of course, being the dork that I am, I had to find it, download it, then email it to her. She was wicked excited and we started emailing back and forth about the show, as we are both HUGE fans. I had commented to her about how much I adore all scenes with Miles and Hurley because I LOVE both of their characters separately, and together they are hysterical :)

So Barb replied and asked if I had seen the pictures he had posted of the two of them on his blog. I hadn't even known Jorge Garcia HAD a blog, so I promptly had to go :)

I spent several hours last night and this morning reading the entire thing, and now I appreciate him more than I even would have expected! Even if you aren't a Lost fan, you
should go check it out!

Interestingly enough, last night I was discussing the Topsy Turvey tomato thingies with a friend and Jorge Garcia actually reviews them on his blog. I had always been tempted to get them, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some fresh garden tomatoes and being that I live in a second floor penthouse I don't have a yard. I thought that would work nicely on my porch. Sadly though, Jorge Garcia gives them a thumbs down. I am glad though that I never spent my money on them. I'll just have to head up to Jersey this summer and get some tomatoes there. Interestingly enough, my mom's friend has the best tomatoes in the world in her garden. No joke! I assume she has magic dirt or something? Anyway, everyone agrees who's ever tasted one that Wanda has the best. And she always hooks me up whenever I go up to visit my mom.

Ok, enough with the tomato tangent...

Jorge, I hope you found your way here through your googlebot. (I think I wrote your name enough times!) I just wanted to thank you for bringing so much laughter and so many smiles into my life first through Hurley, and now through your blog. You totally rock! And if you're ever in the Triangle Area of NC, drop me a line and I'd love to take you out for some Carolina Barbecue (different from everywhere else in the world!) and a drink at the Best Wine Bar anywhere (ok I'm biased cuz my friend owns it) (but Colin Firth was there last week so it can't suck...(ok he was only there cuz they are filming in the area, and I would have rathered if it had been Andrew McCarthy who had gone, since I've loved him since St Elmo's, but don't tell Colin that he totally doesn't do it for me, but anyway...) and they held the Mammoth Records 21st birthday party at their other location the week before...) Anyway, thanks again for the smiles. Oh and tell your girlfriend I read her blog too and loved her post about driving far far far for a turkey sammich :)


And for everyone else who's interested, here is Barb's fabu Lost CD mix. She's sending me a copy since I hooked her up with Drive Shaft and I can't wait to get it!!


1. Joe Purdy - Wash Away
2. Driveshaft - You All Everybody
3. Damien Rice - Delicate
4. Patsy Cline - Leavin' On Your Mind
5. Bob Marley - Redemption Song
6. Mama Cass - Make Your Own Kind of Music
7. The Drifters - Up On The Roof
8. Dave Matthews Band - Stay (Wasting Time)
9. Staind - Outside
10. Petula Clark - Downtown
11. Sarah McLachlan - Building A Mystery
12. Ryan Adams - Wonderwall (couldn't find the Charlie Pace cover!)
13. The Hollies - Carrie-Anne
14. Nirvana - Scentless Apprentice
15. Buddy Holly - Everyday
16. Pixies - Gouge Away
17. Geronimo Jackson - Dharma Lady
18. Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
19. Albert Hammond - It Never Rains in Southern California
20. Captain & Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together
21. The Fray - You Found Me (Season 5 Promo video: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index&clipId=156898)

Posted by Acinom @ 4:21 PM

Read or Post a Comment

What a very odd mixture of songs, but I know from compiling soundtracks from TV shows. I did one for Homicide: Life On The Street. On paper you wouldn't think the songs belong together, but they do, which I'm sure the Lost soundtrack will do as well. I guess they do all have in common the show (said Yoda), but they are such disparate styles.

Oh, Jorge Garcia.

And Jorge Garcia.

And I hope you didn't see the 1 next to comments and have a conniption. :) Sorry.

Posted by Blogger fergojisan @ 6:29 PM #
 

HLOTS had AMAZING music, I would LOVE a copy of that CD :)

And no, you didn't give me a conniption because I get the email when you send a comment and so I knew it was you from the the email title it was from you and not Jorge Garcia. But I really hope that Jorge Garcia's googlebot finds it's way here! :)

Posted by Blogger Acinom @ 6:36 PM #
 

Thanks for the kind words and the invite.

I'll keep that in mind if I find myself in the triangle.

Posted by Blogger Jorge Garcia @ 11:35 PM #
 

WOW!!! YOU CAME!! I saw a hit on statcounter from googlebot but I didnt want to get my hopes up!!

I feel like the coolest blogger around now :) Thanks for leaving your comment!!

You rock!!! (and I know the likelihood of you ever being in the triangle is slim to none, but YAY!)

Posted by Blogger Acinom @ 11:38 PM #
 

yeah, it is an odd mix, but if you're enough of a Lost geek, as you hear them you remember the episodes they appeared in and it all flows together.

plus i'm a disparate sort of person anyway. :-)

monica, the CD came back yesterday asking for an extra stamp... hopefully it will find its way to you by monday.

and next time you're in jersey, remember that PA is just across the river! and we have tomatoes! ;-)

BTW, my mother in law swears by those hanging tomato plants. She's 80, and it's a lot easier for her to deal with them, and she says they get a lot less bugs on them. Anyway it might be worth a try...

Hello Jorge Garcia!

Posted by Blogger equeyaya @ 6:52 AM #
 
<< Home