Friday, May 22, 2009

 Another Friday Shuffle

So my shuffle today is pretty random, as usual. No Dar, which is very unusual, but 2 Susan Werners to make up for her. And thing about these two is they were cowritten by Greg Simon who happens to be a friend of a friend of mine. Weird he cowrote two songs, and that they both showed up here. Both are phenomenal songs that really can make one think, I recommend doing your best to find both of them. Or if you can't find them, ask me and I'll email them to you. Susan Werner is an AMAZING artist and I recommmend that each and every one of you find her stuff and learn to love it as much as I have :) Anyway, I was going to do memories, but none of these songs trigger significant ones, so I'll go with lyrics this week.

I see no theme going on, anyone else see one?

Soldier of Love - Donny Osmond
I've got a restless spirit that nobody can own.
Every picture tells a story
won't you listen to mine ?
I'm searching for the answer but it's so hard to find.
You'll see much deeper when you read between the lines

Like Bonsai - Susan Werner
Some trees were meant to reach
Reach up for the sky
Some trees we trim to keep them pretty
Like bonsai, like bonsai

Baby Give it Up - KC and the Sunshine Band
Everybody wants you
Everybody wants your love
I'd just like to make you mine all mine
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na,
Baby give it up
Give it up, Baby give it up

Heart of Lothian/Wide Boys/Curtain Call - Marillion
It's six o'clock in the tower blocks
Stalagmites of culture shock
And the trippers of the light fantastic, bow down, hoe-down
Spray their pheromones on this perfume uniform

And anarchy smiles in the Royal Mile
And they're waiting on the slyboys, flyboys, wideboys
Rooting, tooting cowboys
Lucky little ladies at the watering holes
They'll score the Friday night goals

Raspberry Beret - Prince
Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
But different than the day before
That's when I saw her, ooh, I saw her
She walked in through the out door, out door

Forever Young - Alphaville
Let's dance in style, lets dance for a while
Heaven can wait we're only watching the skies
Hoping for the best but expecting the worst
Are you going to drop the bomb or not?

Surfin Safari - Beach Boys
Early in the morning we'll be startin out
Some honeys will be comin' along
We're loadin' up my woody
with the boards inside
and heading out singing our song

The Great Out There - Susan Werner
Oh when you get there, is there a there there?
Do people care there, are people aware there?
Do the boys and girls do more than
Break their toys and perm their hair there?

I'll Tumble 4 Ya - Culture Club
I get a crazy feeling
That chases in my head
Its nothing that you do to me
Its nothing that you said
Its love in stereo

Paper Bag - Anna Nalick
But someday we'll all be old
And I'll be so damn beautiful
Meanwhile I'll hide my head
Here in this paper bag
Cause if I can't see you then you can't see me

Posted by Acinom @ 8:43 PM

Read or Post a Comment

The theme is RANDOM, Monica. Utterly and completely random. Donny Osmond, lol!

Off to check out Susan Werner!

Posted by Blogger equeyaya @ 7:13 AM #
 
<< Home