Thursday, May 21, 2009

 18 things I figured people would know....but I thought wrong

So the latest facebook thing is these quizzes about oneself for friends to take. the first one I did nobody got over 50% and most got like 12%. The second one people did better, but nobody got 100% yet. SO here I will give all the answers to both and then if you haven't already taken them, you can go and impress the hell out of everyone...

I have lived in 10 states. NJ, NY, PA, MA, GA, AZ, MD, VT, NC and TX.

I went through 4 different majors- Psych, CDFR, and Education at IUP and then Nuclear Medicine at LGC.

My first kitten's name was Mittens. We had him (her? I don't remember) for a very short time. She scratched the crap out of everything in the house, including me, so my mom gave her away.

My first celeb crush was on Mr. Rogers. I loved when he sang "You Can Never Go Down the Drain"

I have only been to 2 other countries other than the US- Canada and Mexico. I still don't have a passport. I wish I had traveled more and hopefully someday I will.

I do not have a middle name.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Garnets. Not only are they my birthstone, but they are my "power stone". I wear them every day, and I carry some in my pocket when I feel like I need extra strength.

I have a purple Saturn. I fell in love with it because it was Purple.

I have a travelling Teddy Bear named Oatmeal. I also refer to him often as "The Oatster". He rawks. Not only does he travel with me anywhere I go, but I sleep with him every night.

In college we were all about the Kool Aid and Purplesaurus Rex is my favorite. It's basically grape lemonade.

I have never seen Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi, the only reason I ever saw Star Wars was because I lost a bet. I have never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies. I also never saw Top Gun. I do LOVE Wizard of Oz and essentially would consider that my favorite movie.

I saw NKOTB in concert at Great Adventure when I took my mom's friend's daughter (who now I consider my friend but back then she was way younger than I was) I saw The Police in 2007, I saw Billy Joel with my friend, her mom, and her grandmom. I always thought it was neat that his music appealed to 3 generations. I saw Bob Dylan when the Alarm opened for him. I only stayed for a few songs cuz he really doesn't do it for me. Plus it was at an outdoor arena and yet I was getting a contact buzz. I have always wanted to see REM but I have either not had the money or someone to go with when they were around, or they didn't come to where I was when I did have the money or people to go with. Perhaps someday.

I have never been to the pacific northwest. I really hope to make it there in the not too distant future. At one point towards the end of college I considered moving to Seattle- hell it was the early 90's, who didn't want to live there then? But I never got around to it. Remember, I am very fickle and have geography ADD.

First job ever was at the Brick Oven Bake Shop. First mall job was at Victoria's Secret. I still have my giant terry robe that I got that first Christmas that I worked there. Seamus has torn it up so there are tons of strings sticking off of it, but I can't bear to give it up. My mom keeps buying me new robes which I will wear, but when they get old I go back to this ancient one. Go figure. I then worked as a manager for Bath and Body Works, and when I wanted to leave there I thought I should choose a job where I wouldn't spend half my paycheck.... so I got a job at Gymboree. Right when my best friend had a baby. She was very well dressed, and I spent a nice chunk of my paycheck there after all. Never worked at the Body Shop.

I just got a brand new cell phone and it's purple. I love love love it! Not just because it's purple, but I do love that about it too. It's QWERTY (which is fun to type, try it!) and I used to hate texting but now I do it daily :)

I think the first time I ever really swooned over guyliner was David Cook. But now I love it. Love Ricarus Alpert's rocking of it, and last night I LOVED Adam Lambert's glass shard looking guyliner. hot! hot! hot!

We all know who the fabulous Lost actor is who left a comment here. YAY Jorge!!

And I actually won't talk about the last one here. I try to keep certain details of my life out of this blog, and that's one of them. Since I work with a local chapter and have mentioned some details of that on here, and wasn't necessarily the most positive about some of the people involved, I am pleading the fifth. If you want to know, go look at my flair on my fb profile.
So there you go! 18 random lame facts about myself. Now go kick booty on the quizzes!! :)

Posted by Acinom @ 5:52 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I also wanted to move to Seattle. I went in the late 80's with a friend and loved it so much. Also, Lansing, Michigan (where I grew up) and Seattle, WA were tied that year for the cloudiest city. So it wasn't going to be much of a sunshine shock lol

OK, I'm going to go over to Facebook and kick butt!

Posted by Blogger Kristin - The Goat @ 8:06 PM #
 
<< Home