Sunday, April 05, 2009

 Something I just realized...

I laugh easier than I ever did before.

It used to be that I would RARELY laugh at something I read or saw. LOL was just a computer shorthand for "that's amusing" to me rather than actually meaning I laughed out loud. Oh sure I would smile, or chuckle, but no full on laughs!

But in the past 6 weeks or so (ever since the beginning of my unexplained happiness) I realize that I LOL out loud all the time! And you know what? It's awesome. I suspect that it's not just the mood prompting the laughter, but also the laughter prompting the mood.

I also smile more. Oh sure I smiled often before now, but now I catch myself smiling for no reason. This morning I had no good breakfast foods in the house so I decided to enjoy this GORGEOUS day and take a walk to the bagel place that's about a mile away. On said walk I saw Dogwood trees in full bloom- I hadn't noticed any others down here to my recollection. That made me smile. We lived in a house when I was small that had a Dogwood in the front yard and since I was pretty small at the time I have very few memories of that place, but many of them involve that yard and that tree. So as then I happened upon some pansies, which are a flower that remind me of my grandmother. Normally these make me smile, but I realized I was still smiling from the Dogwood. Then I passed some girl also taking a walk and she smiled at me and I realized it was because I STILL had the smile on my face.

And as I sit here typing this guess what I'm doing? Smiling :)

My hope for you is that as you read this that it makes you smile too :)

Posted by Acinom @ 1:46 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I've only just met you, so I don't know your past. I just know that you sing songs on facebook and that you cheered for a championship basketball team and they won and that you have an incredible spirit.

I'm glad to hear you have a smile on your face and that you are smiling at the world around you.

I laugh out loud all the time - it's awesome. I'm glad you have joined the LOL crowd :)

Posted by Blogger Kristin - The Goat @ 10:32 PM #
 
<< Home