Monday, April 20, 2009

 SICK!

I have been on hiatus due to my health. I went to see my friend Steve in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang a few weeks ago and there were lots of snotty kids in the audience. A few days later both myself and my friend, Ali, who went with me got VERY VERY SICK. Stoopit snotty kids! We both ended up with ear infections (I had 2, go me!) and sinus crap, and then lungs... Not at all pretty.

I am pleased to say though that it is not TB! Ok not that I thought it was... but I had my annual appointment for my ppd test for work during this time and that was negative. It was handy that it coincided with my illness so I got some drugs for that. My doc said my one ear was "Majorly bulging" which kinda freaked me out. I was never the kind of kid who got ear infections, but I know many who were, who had their ear drums perf regularly. I am terrified of this happening and I'm guessing it was close to happening if I was "majorly bulging". Although it no longer hurts, I really can't hear very well out of my left ear so I almost wonder if it did perf? I dont know, does that hurt like hell or does it stop hurting because the pressure is relieved? (kinda how once your appendix bursts the pain stops)

Whatever, at least I'm feeling well now. Other than the fact that the allergies are kinda kicking in...

So remember last July when I said I loaded all sorts of crap in my kitchen while they cleaned my carpets? Well I finally got everything out of the kitchen and just today I brought in the kitchen chairs that had been out on the porch this whole time. (I think I have only eaten about 4 meals at my kitchen table in the 4 years I have lived here!) I had to wash them down because they were YELLOW with pollen. I mean COVERED! and then of course I was sneezing like a fool. Thank GOD for Claritin :)

In other news I went to the new Rite Aid to get a prescription filled and they gave me the wrong thing! I called and they claimed that what they gave me was an approved generic substitute. Except it was NOT THE SAME THING. I thought I was crazy so I called the hospital I used to work at's outpatient pharmacy where I used to get scripts filled (and this, which I used to take back then) and she confirmed that what I got was what I thought and NOT what tried to give me. The smart pharmacist told me what IS the approved generic alternative and so I called Rite Aid back and told them to get me that instead. It scares me that this pharmacist kept saying that what she gave me was on the list so it was ok. The list is wrong. I explained to her how it was wrong, how it was different... blah blah, but since her list said it, it must be...whatever...

So now I've lost my train of thought thanks to several IM's so I'm just going to end this here :)

Posted by Acinom @ 11:18 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I don't think I've ever had an ear infection. That's probably because my ears are so waxy that nothing can get in there! I do know what hurting ears feel like though and it isn't nice. I do hope your ears feel better very soon. If they are still painful in a few days, I'd call someone again about it.

That Rite-Aid mixup is scary. I would have no idea what was an acceptable substitute for a script.

Posted by Blogger Kristin - The Goat @ 11:16 AM #
 
<< Home