Tuesday, March 17, 2009

 Would you go back?

If you had the opportunity to go back in time to fix a mistake or repair a regret, knowing what you know now, would you go? And if so, what would you want to change?

Keep in mind that changes you make then could affect the now. For better, for worse, who knows?

So would you go back?

I was talking about this with a few different friends and it's interesting to hear what people would like to change.

The first thing I thought of was that I would like to change who it was that I lost my virginity to. I thought this would be a small thing that would make an important moment in a girl's life more special. At first thought I didn't see any clear obvious drawbacks as to how it could change today...

But then upon thinking more about it, I realized that, though unlikely, I could have ended up pregnant by this guy and my whole life would have changed DRAMATICALLY.

So I took that off the table.

Then each and every other thing I could come up with that I thought I would like to do differently I came up with a possible different path that I could have ended up walking. Even the seemingly most minute details, if done differently could make a huge difference.

So after pondering this question all day I have decided that no, I would not change a thing. Every moment got me to this one, and this is right where I think I need to be.

But it's something to think about :)

Posted by Acinom @ 1:11 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I think about this too sometimes. I would not change anything relationship-wise, because it led me to Sarah. :) And even though I mostly hated working for my dad, I wouldn't change that either, because how many people can truly say they love what they do? The only thing I can think of doing differently is talking to my grandfather more about his life, and documenting it. There are so many things I want to ask him now, but I can't. Plus, I would also try to change being an ass about remembering people's birthdays who aren't on Facebook. :(

Posted by Blogger fergojisan @ 12:17 PM #
 

now THAT is a positive use of a time machine. I could totally get on board with it! (the talking to the grandfather, not the birthday remembering...)

Posted by Blogger Acinom @ 6:50 PM #
 
<< Home