Sunday, March 15, 2009

 There are too many mediocre things in life to deal with and love shouldn't be one of them.

Anything less than mad, passionate, extraordinary love is a waste of your time.
This, and the title of this post are quotes from one of my all time favorite movies. Name that movie without googling, and win big big points!

The movie, as far as I know, was never really popular even though it had some pretty decent star power. I stumbled upon it because I loved the title of it. I watched it and fell in love with it. Mad, passionate, extraordinary love with it :)

So what do you think? Is anything less than that a waste of time?

I agree, there are too many mediocre things. I believe love should not ever be mediocre.

And perhaps, this is why I am still single.

No, I do not expect it to be amazing every single moment of every single day. But I do believe it should have that at the root.

Other phrases uttered in this movie are
"see? we could be best friends, but we'd still have lust in our eyes."
and
"Settle for anything and you're doomed. My biggest fear in life is being mediocre. We can't be willing to settle for anything, especially for less than we deserve"
I know it sounds unrealistic, but this is what I dream of. I refuse to settle. Besides-
"If you only dream when you're asleep, then when your awake, there's still nothing there..."



Posted by Acinom @ 1:05 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I don't know the movie - I had to Google it. However, I have heard of the movie, so that's a plus!

I have had a Mad, Passionate, Extraordinary love and it wasn't a waste of my time but it was exhausting! LOL I was almost relieved when it was over, but I will be forever grateful for it.

Cool Post. I love your thought process.

Posted by Blogger Kristin - The Goat @ 8:15 PM #
 

oh I know that movie - it's one of my faves too!
But how she could never sleep and still look so good kinda pissed me off lol. Youth!!

Posted by Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ @ 11:04 PM #
 
<< Home