Friday, March 27, 2009

 a rainy day Friday Shuffle

kinda a dreary day out there today... my sinuses are not a fan of the low pressure either. I took some benedryl last night and am feeling pretty groggified still. I'm curious to see if my itunes picks up on the dreariness and groggification... Shall we see?

How Beautiful You Are - The Cure
You want to know why I hate you?

Well I'll try and explain...

I Shall Be Released - Sting, U2, Peter Gabriel
Now yonder stands a man in this lonely crowd
A man who swears he's not to blame
All day long I hear him shouting so loud
Just crying out that he was framed

Hey You - The Cure
Hey you!!!
Yes you
Yes you the one that looks delirious

The Wheel - Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians
All your thoughts are in another head,

your dreams are sleeping in a different bed.
The force that moves you is a circular breath,
of life and death going round and round and round.

Falling - Susanna Hoffs
Piece by piece I come undone

Lose my equilibrium
I crash but I don't care
Nothing to hold on to

What About Love - Heart
Ive been lonely

Ive been waiting for you
I'm pretending and that's all I can do
The love I'm sending
Ain't making it through to your heart

We Work the Black Seam - Sting
And should the children weep

The turning world will sing their souls to sleep
When you have sunk without a trace
The universe will suck me into place

I'm Alive - David Cook (Neil Diamond night on Idol)
Take a walk, you can hardly breathe the air

Look around, it's a hard life everywhere
People talk, but they never really care
On the street, there's a feeling of despair

I've Seen Better Days - Citizen King
I'm faded, flat busted;

I've been jaded I've been dusted.
I know that I've seen better days.

Black Dog - Led Zeppelin
Didn't take too long 'fore I found out

What people mean by down and out.

Ok so I kinda made it work with the depressive gloom with the lyrics. I think I'm Alive is one of the most happy, upbeat, inspirational songs ever, but I had to make it work :)

Not that I'm depressed or anything, but it does kinda seem like the world around me is a bit right now...

As for me-
I'm alive
And I don't care much for words of doom
If it's love you need, well I got the room
It's a simple thing that came to me
And I thank God I'm alive
I can take all that life has got to give
If I got someone to share it with
I got love and love is all you really need
I'm alive

Posted by Acinom @ 3:47 PM