Tuesday, March 10, 2009

 A Glass of Wine Saved My Life


Yes, you read that correctly. Last night, my life was saved by a glass of wine.

So I had made myself dinner at about 6pm yesterday.

At 9ish pm I decided that I wanted a glass of wine. I actually took a while to decide. I'm trying to be all sorts of a good girl lately so that I can fit into my summer clothes, but since I had been very good for several days I decided to treat myself to the wine. And thank goodness I did!

I walked in the kitchen and it was HOT in there...and I wasn't sure why? Till I realized that I had left the stove on...for 3 hours! There was a wooden spoon on the stove which, as you can see, is charred.
Actually, the entire thing except for about half a centimeter right at the end is, but I thought the close-up gave yinz a better idea of how bad it looked.

Had I not decided in favor of that wine, I would have not gone back into the kitchen till morning most likely. One of my biggest fears ever is an apartment fire. I shudder to think how close I came to this possibly happening.

So who says alcohol isn't good for you?

Posted by Acinom @ 3:52 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Thank God for wine!!!!!

Posted by Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ @ 8:16 PM #
 

Goodness, that is scary! So, did you drink the wine?? :)

Posted by Blogger Kristin - The Goat @ 12:47 PM #
 
<< Home