Friday, March 13, 2009

 Friday Shuffle

Bringing back an old standby: the Friday shuffle!

I've been really into shuffling lately. My itunes had been totally screwed up before and since getting this new laptop I have been working on straightening it out. I still have to find some missing music, but it's way better than it was before! And that is partially why I've been into shuffling again... Also though, I have been all about song lyrics for my status at facebook, playing "name that tune" with my friends. Rather than try and come up with songs on my own (which could be dangerously revealing of my thoughts and moods) I have been just using shuffle to come up with the tunes. I throw in the occasional meaningful song now and again, but it's less obvious this way ;)

So here is today's Friday Shuffle list:

1. Beekeepers Blues by Susanna Hoffs
No good deed will go unpunished, oh oh oh
And no beekeeper goes unstung

2. All By Myself by Jamie Neal (Bridget Jones sountrack)
When I was young
I never needed anyone
And makin' love was just for fun
Those days are gone

3. House at Pooh Corner by the Indigo Girls
but i wandered much farther today than i should
and i can't seem to find my way back to the woods
so help me if you can i've got to get
back to the house at pooh corner by one

4. Surround by Dada
If I died a thousand times
My soul washed beside me
I will never be alone
You're always inside me

5. More Than a Feeling by Boston
I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
Turned on some music to start my day
I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and I slipped away

6. Consider This by Anna Nalick
I've tripped again and things are starting to get interesting
Don't give me choices cause I can't decide
My mind is soaked in words
I've come to terms with all my insecurities
And purity's no friend of mine

7. Love in an Elevator by Aerosmith
Gotta get my timin right
Its a test that I gotta pass
Ill chase you all the way to stairway, honey
Kiss your sassafrass

8. When I See You Smile by Bad English
When I see you smile
I can face the world
Oh you know I can do anything

9.
I Won't Be Your Yoko Ono by Dar Williams
Fame will come and vanish later
Transcendental love is greater
I think if we had this somehow
We'd be feeling famous right now

10. Hate by Fiction Plane
We’re cool, We’re different,
And we hate things, Yeah we hate things,
We hate people


So there's a peek into my itunes today :) And a wee bit o' lyrics that I like from each song.

Usually with a shuffle there's a theme but not so much today....if you spot one though feel free to point it out!




Posted by Acinom @ 5:55 PM