Monday, March 23, 2009

 Another great day :)

And it's not even thanks to facebook for once!!!

First we had our annual at the vet...and it did not go as badly as visits past! It wasn't perfect, but I'm still proud of Ringo for being really good for most of the appointment. How did we accomplish this you ask? Music. My friend who is currently working on his new album has been sending me songs as he records them, and there were 2 in particular that Ringo loved. The one as soon as it started he got up from across the room, came over, sat on right next to the computer, paws and head right over the speakers. I played the song on repeat for a while and he said there just in awe of the song. As soon as I turned it off he got up and left. So I figured he must really like the song.

My cell phone has an MP3 player in it so I put that and a few others he seems to like on it for the visit. I put my phone next to his carrier playing his favorite while we waited for the doctor and while the vet examined his brother. Normally through all of this he would be growling and hissing and sounding like a scary badass, but he didn't at all. He even got on the scale with no complaints!

For his actual exam I turned the music off so the vet could hear his heart and whatnot and this is when he started up with his growling and hissing and whatnot... But all in all, he was REALLY GOOD. I am so proud of him! And so greatful for my friend's music that soothed this savage beast :)

So then later the day got even better...

My old roommate from my senior year is one of the most important special people to ever touch my life. She helped me to really learn how to be less uptight and have fun. And I lost touch with her about 5 years ago and have often thought about her. Well thanks to facebook and me reconnecting with so many, I got inspired. I managed to track down her parents phone number, and then called her mom when I got home from the vet. Mom was happy to hear from me and gave me JT's phone number, I called, left a message and then she called back a bit ago and we just had the best conversation filled with love and laughter.

Isn't life swell???

Posted by Acinom @ 5:58 PM

Read or Post a Comment

My cat hides her head right in the crook of my arm at the vets office - thankfully no hissing. I think you are blessed beyond blessed to have found something to soothe kitty. How wonderful -- it helps that you were observant and had forethought to take the music with you. Clever, clever!

Reconnecting is so much fun - good for you!

Email me, would you - I keep wanting to reply to you and get a no follow from blogger.
Kirby3131(at)gmail.com

It's about Excellent Cake!

Posted by Blogger Kristin - The Goat @ 4:34 PM #
 
<< Home