Wednesday, February 18, 2009

 Today was a very good day :)

Not nearly often enough we can find a person who clicks as a friend immediately. A person who automatically feels like an old friend... One who you can do, say, be anything with them and they respect and appreciate it... One who can make you laugh till your stomach hurts...

This has happened to me just a few times in my life, and I consider myself very blessed. One of these people is Biffy who I have mentioned here many many times. Another was my friend Jodi from High School who I reconnected with on facebook a few months ago and now we chat all the time like we never missed a beat let alone 20 years. And then another time was this girl Kathy in college. We ended up sitting next to each other in a class one semester and just became great friends after that. Unfortunately since college we haven't been in touch. I've googled her now and again over the years to no avail. I've been looking for her on fb since I joined but couldn't find her. I even messaged a few people with her same name who lived in PA and asked if they were her, but they weren't. Then today, a fb friend of mine posted something, I replied, and then Kathy replied! OMG!! So now I have completed finding 3 of the 4 women in my life who have meant the most to me. I'm going to keep looking for Suzanne, and I do believe now that if you wait long enough, eventually everyone will sign up on facebook.

There's another friend who I think would be one of these friends if we lived locally to each other. I met her at that conference I went to 11/07 and really clicked then and now we are fb friends and chat frequently and I really am sad that we don't live where we can hang out irl too. But I still love that technology has become so that a friendship can still develop living far away.

On top of finding Kathy, I found 4 friends from a period in my life in the mid to late 90's today. We had fun doing some reminiscing and that just had me smiling like a dork all afternoon.

So yeah, today was a very good day. I just hope that tomorrow will be a great day OFF the computer!

Posted by Acinom @ 10:12 PM