Tuesday, February 24, 2009

 Raising the Bar

You know, ever since I added the link to this place on facebook I've been a little afraid to post some different things because of the possibility of who could possibly land here. But today I decided fuck em :) If they don't like what I say, that is their problem not mine. Because what I say is what I feel and who I am so if you don't like me, then why are you reading my blog??? If you are one of the 2 guys who I was not so much positive about, I am sorry! But think about our conversations and then maybe you'll figure it out :)

So in the past few weeks I have reconnected with various guys I've known before. Talking to the first one, we both admitted to each other that we had some feelings for each other about 5 years ago and did nothing about them. The more I talked to him, the more those feelings started to resurface. But as I got to know him differently, there were more things about him that I didn't find attractive, and those feelings kinda subsided. Also, I tend to be a wee bit fickle and started talking to another guy from my past. And that was fun! Getting to know him again after a long long time was definitely cool. And of course I had some thoughts about him that were, well, you know... But then again, talked to him more and found that while he was great in many ways, there were also many other ways that well, meh.

And then this past weekend I started talking to this guy that I sorta knew back in college, but honestly, not really. We had mutual friends, we were in the same place at the same time often, but never really did more than friendly chat. Now over the last few days we have logged hours upon hours upon hours of talking. And the more I talk to him...the more I want to! And I suspect he might be feeling the same way, because he's talking just as long and as much as I am!

One of things we've talked about is our "bar" person. You know, the one who set the bar for all other possible partners to either meet or not. Both of us have one, and I thought that was kinda cool. Well I've realized that in many ways, this guy is raising that bar. I don't know if he and I are developing anything other than a friendship at this point, but he has still raised the bar. I want whoever I end up with to be someone I can talk to like this. I want him to be as intelligent, funny, deep, adorable, open, and interesting as this guy. I want someone with whom I WANT to spend as much time just talking as I have done with this guy.

So today, BOTH of the first 2 guys called me. I realize it's because I've been pretty much ignoring them the last two days because I have been so focused on this new friend. And while if they had called just 4 days ago, I would have been REALLY happy, today I was just annoyed that they paled in comparison to this other guy and were wasting my time. Then the 3rd guy called me just to tell me he couldn't call later. We talked for just a few minutes and yet I hung up smiling.

It's weird. For the last forever I hadn't found a single guy who piqued my interested even the slightest, and now I've gone through several in the past few weeks, and have found one that raised the bar for all future men. Life is just a hell of a ride!

Posted by Acinom @ 8:40 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I agree with your first thought, I don't want to write anything damaging to anyone that would cause direct conflict (I'm a big wuss in that regard). I pulled yesterday's blog entry because of that, but it was actually more work-related.

As for the person who is raising the bar for you, congratulations! Now you need to raise a glass in a bar with that person. :)

Posted by Blogger fergojisan @ 4:20 PM #
 

Still keeping my fingers crossed that I don't see anyone here who I don't want, but I'm ok with it if I do! I can see though why you'd be more careful with work stories...

I would LOVE to raise a glass in a bar with that person, 'cept there's a geography issue. In the meantime phone calls that last till 3 am are making me smile :)

Posted by Blogger Acinom @ 3:25 PM #
 
<< Home