Friday, January 16, 2009

 A wee little post

I really do have a lot to say. And when I was in the car earlier today I wrote an amazing in depth, thoughtful post. But now I'm just not feeling it to write it all out. But I realized I have truly been slacking here so I figured I'd write a wee little post for now and then maybe in the next day or so write up my fantastically deep fabu post. :)


Turning 40 next week. It really has me thinking...

Posted by Acinom @ 11:47 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I loved turning 40! It felt so liberating!!

I took a little road trip all by myself to the hill country of Marble Falls.

I stopped in the teeny country community of Smithwick, where my dad grew up and where I have many fond memories of time with my grandparents as a child.

I got a nice hotel room and brought along candles, bath luxuries and champagne.

I spent a day toodling around quaint little shops.

I had pie and coffee at the 'famous' Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls and dinner at a fab Mexican place in Burnet.

I drove around the hill country and took pics.

I dont remember ever having such a great time by myself.

I think I may just do it again this year when I turn 45!

So please dont dread it - it's surely better to be turning 40 than NOT be, if ya know what I mean lol.

Happy Birthday Monica!!!!!

Posted by Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ @ 12:37 PM #
 

where are you??

Posted by Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ @ 1:06 PM #
 

Hey T! I'm here now!

I didn't dread turning 40, it was more of an introspective feeling. I'm glad you had such a nice one though. Since I'm always alone it was nice for me to actually get out and spend some time with friends :)

Anyway, I just blogged 2 days in a row, so who knows, maybe I'm back on track!

Posted by Blogger Acinom @ 6:21 PM #
 
<< Home