Monday, November 03, 2008

 Something unusual for me- a politicky post! And another request for advice!

Never before in my life have I cared so much about an election day. I used to always believe that all politicians were essentially the same and there was nothing that would change the way it was. I still voted, but knew it didn't matter. And to be honest, never before this year has my vote mattered. As long as the electoral college exists, most people's votes are meaningless IMO. But this year I live in a SWING STATE! And we have 15 Electoral votes. Not as much as some states, but definitely more than when I lived in Vermont for the last election. Plus VT was such a democratic state it didn't really matter who I voted for.

This year I have had an eye opening. I have found hope in a candidate. I believe that there is a chance that there can be a change in the way things are. The last many elections nobody had any clue who I was voting for because I didn't discuss it. This year, everyone who knows me knows that I am 100% behind Barack Obama. The man inspires me like no other ever has and gives me a hope for the future of this country that I never believed I'd ever feel.

So with my recent interest in the Presidential election I started paying attention to the state and local ones. I'm excited to say that for the first time I am not going to leave the little election choices blank on my ballot!

The weird thing is that when McCain first got the Republican nomination I thought it wouldn't be so bad if he got elected. Amazing how that opinion has changed over time! And the irony of it is that one of his top advisers, the one who was responsible for most of the poor decisions made is a guy I went to high school with! When randomly blog surfing I came across this limerick at a blog called Tasty Crumbs

A Mavericky Limerick!

A "maverick" named John McCain
Said he wanted a clean campaign
But he hired Steve Schmidt
So that plan went to shit
And his poll numbers went down the drain

I love it! I shared it with my friend AJ at Cranial Vault, and she should be also commenting on it tonight. She has many posts about Steve Schmidt, one that his mom actually replied to! They are tres funny and you might want to check them out if you're interested in what this guy was like at 15!

So one last conundrum I have... Recently I bought a SUPER SOFT fabulous red sweater on great sale. Yay! I thought, oh, how perfect! I can wear this, with blue jeans and a white scrunchie on election day and be all red white and bluey American. And then I realized that wearing red might make peoples think that I actually support McCain.

So what do I do? Do I wear the red sweater as planned, or try to dig up a blue one? Thanks!


Posted by Acinom @ 1:27 PM

Read or Post a Comment

lol I hadnt even thought about what I will wear tomorrow but I know it wont be a sweater as it is still too freakin hot here and I would pass out before I got to go vote!

But Im with you, girl -
Go Obama!!!!!

I am the cheese that stands alone in my neck of the woods, family & friends. But I stand firm in my hope and my vote!

and may his sweet granny rest in peace.

Posted by Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ @ 2:19 AM #
 
<< Home