Tuesday, November 18, 2008

 My biggest complaint

So it used to be that my biggest complaint about visiting my mom was that she smoked- a lot! Everything was stinky with smoke. But since the surgery she hasn't had a single cigarette! YAY MOM!!!!

So now I move on to the second biggest (or should I say smallest?) complaint!

When I stay here the bed in the spare room is a twin. Now I spent many years in twins back in college, and then in Arizona that was the bed I had. I had no problem fitting in that bed. Well the bed here has a memory foam topper that's too small for it- by about 4 inches on either side. So take a twin bed and lop off 8 inches and that's how narrow this one is.

Then take two kitties and add them to this bed. One kitty NEEDS to be on my left side, and needs to lay on his side stretched out. And make that kitty about 20 pounds. Then take the other kitty and make him lay RIGHT ON TOP OF ME, either on my hip or belly depending on if I'm on my side or back... if I try to move him, he then lays on the other side of me, pinning me under the blankets between the two kitties.

What does this get me? A very uncomfortable night's sleep.

So then add to this a kitty who thinks that 2am is a great time to get up and jump in the window and pull down the hem of the curtain and chew on the strings.

Add a different kitty who thinks 5am should be breakfast time and alternates between licking my nose and jumping up on things and trying to knock stuff over.

What does that get me? A very interrupted night's sleep.

And what does that mean?

*YAWN*

I can't wait till we have our queen sized bed back!

Posted by Acinom @ 6:44 PM