Friday, November 28, 2008

 Blasts from the past...

Oh how I love Facebook!

My most recent friend additions include a girl I was friends with back from my Brownie Girl Scout troop and the girl I was a nanny for right out of college who was 8 at the time.

Kelly, the Brownie friend moved away in like 2nd or 3rd grade but since our mom's were friends we still got together over the years, but probably never after junior high. I remember playing at her house...they had a disco album that had instructions to do different dances like "The Hustle" or "The Bus Stop". Good times were had by all! She's not married with a kid but she looks practically the same. And my favorite thing about her now? She said " I am definitely a cat lover and sometimes miss the days when it was just me and the cats! lol"


Nicole, the girl I was a nanny for is now a college graduate. Wow that makes me feel old! But I knew this girl was cool even then. I actually loved hanging out with her. She had a fabulous sense of humor. Sure, there were still the occasional 3rd grade type joke (How do you know when there's been an elephant in your fridge? footprints in the butter) but honestly for the most part this girl cracked me up. I also knew that she would do something interesting with her life... and she is. Her update: "i live in new zealand right now and am working on a hops farm and traveling with a boyfriend who has managed to tolerate me for the last 3 years. i have no real job and sounds like i won't have much luck finding one when i get home :( boo." How fun is that? She's got her degree in anthropology, but yeah, she probably is screwed to find a real job. Either way, I'm sad she's so far away, I'd love to see her again. From her pics she looks almost exactly the same but more gorgeous than ever.

I've also found a guy I had a crush on back in college and he looks great still and is actually single! Probably we'll barely ever chat, but you never know! :)

Ive said it before and I'll say it again...Facebook rawks!

Posted by Acinom @ 8:27 PM