Tuesday, November 11, 2008

 Are you off your meds?

This of course is what my sister asks me after I slept in till 11 and then took a nap from 2:30 till 4. The answer obviously, is yes.

It's very annoying to have narcolepsy without insurance. The meds I take cost about $80 a month without insurance, so I try to only take them when I need to, and not on the days when I have nothing I have to do. My mom's surgery isn't till tomorrow, so I took a med holiday today.

There are definite benefits to taking holidays too- it seems I don't build up the tolerance that I used to- less works as well now as the higher dose I was on back when I was consistently taking them. Also, when I don't take any meds, the days pass very quickly since I sleep through them ;)

I also had a really interesting dream during my nap. Before I went for it I watched the most recent episode of "How I Met Your Mother" online. Then when I napped, I had a dream that was actually an episode of this show, but I was also one of them. Very cool. :)

Well tomorrow I have to be awake for, so it's back on the meds for me, but for today it was a nice holiday.

Posted by Acinom @ 5:30 PM