Thursday, October 16, 2008

 OMG I won an award!!!



I am truly so EXCITED! Especially since I've been the blog slacker lately. And who would have guessed? I found out that I won because someone came to my blog from Stratcat Online so I checked it out to see why this person mentioned me. And lo and behold, she reads here and awarded me this! So YAY! I've now bookmarked her blog to go read it all and adore her once I have some more time.

The deal is The Kreative Blogger Award requires that you list 6 things that make you happy and pass it on to 6 other bloggers. I can do that!

  1. Ringo Stu Kitty makes me happy.
  2. Seamus Patrick O'Kitty makes me happy too :)
  3. Being a Nuclear Medicine Technologist make me happy; I love the patient interaction and I love every bit of what I do
  4. Traveling makes me happy- even if it's to small towns like Brownwood, TX
  5. Reconnecting with old friends is a happy thing
  6. Reading books makes me happy- I am a self proclaimed Book Whore

So now for the 6 to pass it on to...

  1. AJ at Cranial Vault
  2. Ria at Third Floor with a Window View
  3. Gritsy at Scrambled Grits
  4. Biffy at S T A C Y V E R B
  5. Cristy at Juggling Zen
  6. Refinnej at Kitten Whore

YAY!

So in other news, my time here in Brownwood is winding down :( Tomorrow is my last day at work and then I hit the road Saturday morning. I stopped at the local bookstore today and picked up some more audio books, and then I stopped at the local Dollar General and got myself a "Brownwood Lions" sweatshirt. I am totally rocking it Brownwood style! I then did dinner at the fabulous Humphrey Pete's which has the motto "It's Pig Lickin Good!" but I got the best steak I've ever had in my life. I will miss many things about Brownwood, but I will miss Humphrey Pete's the most.

I've decided to take a more northerly route home, so instead of the TX-LA-AL-MS-GA-SC-NC route, I'll be doing just TX-AR-TN-NC. I will miss going through shorter states because that makes me feel like I'm making progress, but Arkansas is one that I haven't hit yet and in the goal to hit all 50 states by the time I'm 50 I'm slightly behind, so that will help. Plus I get the bonus of stopping at Knoxville and visiting the friend who suggested I move to NC and then promptly left the state to move to TN. I'd hate her for it if I didn't love her so much and know that she's so much happier. Plus I dig NC. :)

So that's it for now. It's almost time for Grey's so I'm signing off... next time you hear from me I should be elsewhere...

Posted by Acinom @ 8:40 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Well you may find my blog rather boring as my life isn't too exciting - lol!! But I love blogs that are just about people's everyday lives!!

Posted by Blogger stratcat45 @ 3:18 PM #
 
<< Home