Friday, October 24, 2008

 Missing posts



So I tried to blog a few times from the road from my cell phone, but they did not seem to work this time :( So I will recreate the best I can...

Ringo Stu Kitty tries to be Toonces...


So I stopped at a random rest stop and went in to pee. When I came out, who did I see sitting on my seat with his paws on the steering wheel but Ringo. Yes, he unzipped his kennel while I was in there peeing and tried to make a getaway! I was panicked! I wasn't sure how to open the car door without him shooting out and being lost in Godknowswhere, TX. I did manage though. I sat there for a few minutes in the car before I took over the wheel again and during this time Seamus thought he'd consider driving and Ringo thought he'd make a good hood ornament.




Definitely the skeeriest moment of my trip. But they enjoyed the time to stretch their legs as much as I did I guess... Either way we made it on to Arkansas with no other episodes and stayed at a groovy hotel called the Galloway Inn. Id link to their website, but alas, they do not have one. Either way, it was a nice place, I dug it much. Well, I did until I got in trouble the morning I was leaving... I went to the continental breakfast and grabbed a danish- the frontest one, that was not touching anything else, and I only touched it. However the desk chick told me that there were tongs there. I told her I only touched the one I was taking, but she said I still needed to use the tongs. I almost asked if I should put it back and have a do-over, but I decided to shut up and eat my danish.




As we driving east that morning we saw the most beautiful sunrise. I actually pulled over to take a picture. I also took many pics with my good camera, but unfortunately I haven't really unpacked enough yet to find my cable to upload the pics and so this is what you get here. It's what you would have gotten anyway had the post gone through. Still quite beautiful. Still sucked to be driving straight into it. Why is it that I am always driving east at sunrise and west at sunset? Then again, had I not been driving west at sunset that one time, I never would have stayed at the "It'll do" motel in Clarendon, TX.

So there are my 2 missing posts. Just a few days till the third annual NaBloPoMo and I'm hoping I can be motivated to rock it this year. We shall see... Either way I'm recruiting some of my friends to do it with me, so that'll make it slightly more interesting... So if you don't hear from me before then... I'll be writing in November!

Posted by Acinom @ 8:15 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Hahah! Those cats look like they're drive away in your car if they got half a chance! :P

Posted by Blogger Holly @ 6:41 AM #
 
<< Home