Wednesday, October 08, 2008

 Again, succumbing to peer pressure...but happy I did1


So many peoples for the last long while have been bugging me to be on Facebook. Last year I actually technically joined, but only cuz my Andrew forced me to ;) But I used an obscure email address and did not fill in anything or try to find any other friends. Till this past week...


I am now addicted. The coolest part is that I have reconnected with people from forever ago. There are several women from my sorority pledge class on there that I had not been in touch with since the 80's and it's so cool to reconnect.


The whole thing is quite addicting. My sister taught me about "Flair" and I made one! From that fabulous picture of Ringo. I laugh knowing that random people could be posting it :) Facebook rocks!
In other news, the new chick started at work on the 1st. On that day, our good camera died. We were down for a week. Other chaotic type stuff ensued. I am shocked that she even came back after the first day! She's very nice and I think eventually will be great. Right now she's still getting a feel for everything. It's weird how in such a short time I have come to feel such ownership of this department. I'm really going to miss it when I go! The people I work with are great, in addition to the patients and docs.
I mentioned to just about everyone that it is Nuclear Medicine Week. Mentioned it a lot. (I'm no fool!) Today the docs bought us lunch! :) It was funny though, when we were asked what we wanted there were some suggestions that were national chains. I said that I wanted something that I could only get here in Brownwood. We ended up getting some barbecue, which is WAY different from Carolina barbecue! One of the things that they had were jalapano sausage. I did not realize that when I took a bite into the thing. As soon as my sinuses were completely cleared out and my tongue was burning I figured it out though :)
All in all it was a yummy lunch, and very thoughtful. (Even if I did hint a bit! They could have just said "Happy NM week!" and leave it at that)
I am definitely going to miss BSG Imaging when I leave. But at least now I can keep in touch on Facebook!

Posted by Acinom @ 8:15 PM