Thursday, September 04, 2008

 The stars at night are big and bright....

Deep in the heart of Texas!

Yes, I'm going back to Texas :) YAY! I got a call Tuesday morning from my recruiter about a site that needed a tech ASAP and since I already had my TX license I was that tech! We did a phone interview that afternoon, and by the end of the day the gig was booked!

I was supposed to leave today, but because I had to pee in a cup first, that got held up and so I go tomorrow. I am leaving shortly to pick up my rental car. Yes, I am driving! But at least I am not driving my own car.

My boys are coming with me and they are less excited than I am. But they agree that they'd rather be in a car with me than not be with me.

Our first night of the drive we are stopping at the birthplace and kittenhood home of Ringo Stu Kitty, Atlanta. I don't know if he'll remember it much because we left when he was about 6 months old. The second night we plan to stay somewhere in Louisiana. I'm not planning that more than that though. I figure I'll go with the "drive till I don't wanna anymore" method of trip planning. I'm hoping to find a place to stay as classy as the "It'lldo" that we stayed at in west Texas way back when.

The gig is at this point a month, with potential to extend. They will have me till they replace the permanent person they lost. I don't know how long it will take to find a qualified tech smack in the middle of Texas, over an hour to the nearest city. I did not pack my Christmas scrubs, but I did pack my Halloween ones just in case :) I think I'll leave my Christmas ones on the couch though, right inside the door. If it comes to that I'll be there that long, I'm sure my neighbor who has my key would come in and grab them and drop them in the mail to me.

I'm so excited, and I'm even looking forward to the drive now. I went to Borders and bought a bunch of Audio Books for the drive. I got the new Kathy Reichs, and the oldest Jennifer Crusie- one that was previously out of print and just released. YAY!

Well Sherry should be here shortly to pick me up for to bring me to my car, so I'll end this now. Perhaps I'll blog from the road...


Posted by Acinom @ 12:17 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Are you in Brownwood? I hope so because the traffic from Louisiana into TX now is murder w/all the people coming inland from Hurricane Ike.
Im going to try to call you tomorrow. You will be safe in Brownwood, rest assured.
:)

Posted by Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ @ 7:41 PM #
 

What a scary time to be in Texas! I hope you are safe.

Renee/SMBG

Posted by Blogger June Cleaver's Revenge @ 9:30 PM #
 
<< Home