Sunday, September 28, 2008

 In a Big Country...

Apparently that's what they call this region of Texas. Or at least that's what they call it on the channel that I have on in the morning for news.

And I really don't quite grasp the meaning of all the lyrics of that song, so I can't testify if it was written about this area.

But either way, I dig it here. For now. The people are super super nice. I really enjoy my job. I have actually worked more than 8 hours a day without charging them for the overtime if that tells you anything about how much I like it! But to be honest, on those days that I stay later, there was usually a big chunk of downtime at some point so I feel like it's only fair to not charge them for 15 minutes of overtime if I spent 30 minutes earlier that day sitting on my ass. Although I can guarantee you that if I hated the place and the people, I would. But that is so not the case here.

I not only like the peoples I work with, but I really dig most of my patients too. I had this fabulous guy who was fascinated by the idea of me being a travel tech. He told me he thinks I should write a book about my travels. I told him I don't quite know if I have a book in me, but I have a blog. And then I realized that I hadn't updated this since I had been here, so I figured for Mr. R's sake, I should do that. So here I am, doing that.

So in other news, I recently had a very good day. I FINALLY got my California license! Every day I would check out the website and search my name. Every day for 5 weeks it would not be there. But then the other day, IT WAS! I actually yelped when I saw my name! I'm a dork though. Then I got a call from from my agency that they were extending this gig till the 17th. YAY! THEN I got a message from my sister that my uncle who'd been quite sick seemed to make a turn in the right direction. So I declared that day "A Very GOOD Day"!

So I must confess, that I am v happy right now. I will be sad when this gig ends. But alas, I could not stay here for long because it is not a place I could be happy long term. It is too small town. There is no Barnes and Noble nor a Borders. I know I don't often take advantage of the cities I have lived in, but I have always needed to know that I could if I wanted to. This place is a bit too much like the town in Hope Floats for me to ever feel like I fit in here long term. And unfortunately, the big difference between here and there is no Harry Connick Jr.

Well I'll try and be better about updating. (Don't I always say that?)

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert
But I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime

Stay Alive

Posted by Acinom @ 4:21 PM