Tuesday, July 01, 2008

 Songs that Make me Smile

So I'm way happy about something. In the past I mentioned my friend Amanda, and the mixed tape she made me. And I've recently shared how I now have access to the technology to convert tapes to mp3's. Well sadly, the tapes that Amanda made me did not survive because I had overplayed them so much :(

Well I was still reminiscing about them, so I dropped Amanda an IM to thank her again for the best music ever introduced to me. She actually offered to remake the "Songs That Make Me Smile" and the "Happy Birthday Monica Honey" tapes into CD's for me, in addition to creating a new 2008 mix!

Since we reconnected via this blog when she googled herself and found me posting about her we did a little catching up, but didn't keep in touch as much as we could have or probably should have. So I'm really looking forward to see what she's been listening to the past 10 years :)

I was trying to think of what I would put on a new "songs that make me smile mix" and I have to say that I'm really stuck in the past. Even my infatuation with David Cook is pretty much over already. I'll still probably download his stuff when it comes out, but I won't be running out to buy anything or standing in line for Idol concert tickets.

In fact, the only new music that I can think of that I'm consistently listening to lately is Fiction Plane. They were just in Raleigh recently and I was so excited that I saw they were coming...till I saw they were opening for some country star. I truly don't get that. I don't think that country lovers would dig on Fiction Plane, and I wasn't about to spend a ton of money for tickets to only see an opening act. (Although now that I type that, I did do that for the Alarm once back in the day... but concert tickets were WAY cheaper back then)

I guess the reason I haven't moved on is because I only listen to my ipod in the car now, so I don't ever hear anything new. Before Fiction Plane, the last new artist I dug on was Anna Nalick, who I found through my sister. And before that was Eva Cassidy, who I heard playing at B&N one time and asked who it was. She was already gone before I ever found her so I can't say I was on the cutting edge there...

Who knows, maybe I should get out more. Or maybe I'll just wait for Amanda's new influence :)

Posted by Acinom @ 6:45 PM

Read or Post a Comment

LOL! I need glasses!! I read the title as 'Bongs that make me smile' bwahhahahaha!!

I miss you, Mon.

:)

Posted by Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ @ 5:25 AM #
 
<< Home