Saturday, June 14, 2008

 The waiting is the hardest part

Then again, I think sometimes the not knowing is the hardest. Waiting to know? Yeah, that's the hardest.

But in other news, my sister got some nifty cassette to cd burning software. While she was here cat sitting she ripped some of my old cassettes into mp3's. I'm happy to now say I am probably the only person in the world with Imbroglio on her ipod :) Unfortunately she didn't do too many before she had to leave. There are tons of mixed tapes from yesteryear that I'd love to have digitally. Back in college we used to make soundtracks for certain festivities. On the last Wednesday of each month we'd have a WHEW! party and they all had themes and soundtracks. I'm afraid to play these tapes now because they were originially on a kmart tape, and have been in a storage box for many years. I'm dying to hear them again, but I don't want to risk them being ruined before they can be ripped, so I'll hold off till I can either buy the same thing for myself, or make it up to my Jersey to use my sister's stuff again.

Amusingly enough there are also some mixed tapes an ex boyfriend made me. I don't really remember all of what's on them except the one has Salsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel. I know this because I remember the first time he told me he loved me was right during the line in that song "my heart going boom boom boom" and I remember thinking stupidly that it was appropriate because that's what my heart was doing then. I also know that OMD's "If You Leave" was on there because I thought that seemed like more of a break up song and I thought it was odd to be on a love tape. Of course the relationship only lasted 10 months, so I guess it wasn't that weird afterall. And it wasn't that bad of a relationship looking back- I got some good mixed tapes and I learned what I don't want in a guy and how to spot some red flags quickly out of it :) I think I might go re-listen to those tapes and go check out myspace to see if he's on there :) (And if he is, I hope it's not set to private because I really want to see what he's up to, but not get back in touch!)

Later...

Posted by Acinom @ 4:46 PM