Thursday, June 19, 2008

 Today was a good day

So why do I have a feeling of blue settling over me? I hate that.

Yesterday I did go to the library and am now the pride owner of a Wake County Library Card for the first time in the 3 years I lived here. I have to say, I didn't love my local branch. The kids and adults were mixed together and it was FULL of kids running all over and moms yelling at them to shush and whatnot. Every other library I've ever been in has a separate floor or wing for the kids and that, in my opinion, is exactly how it should be!

Anyway, I picked up 4 books. Did I mention my new best friend at the second had bookstore at RDU? Well she rawks. She suggested two new authors to me and I'm hooked. The coolest about the one, John Sanford, is that he has LOADS of books out, so I have a while to go through all of those before I need a new author. The bad news is that I am already finished with the first 6. Yes, between yesterday and today I finished one. The first one I finished the day I flew into El Paso. They are what I believe has been described as "page turners". I just can't stop till I'm done. Basic killer/detective type stuff, but good :)

So in addition to the most perfect weather and lots of time on the porch with kitties reading, I also got my new dishwasher today :) (it took longer to come in that originally anticipated) "Hottie Maintenance Man" is not only easy on the eyes, but also a nice guy to chat with. He was here for about an hour or so and we bonded over both having lived in Lancaster, PA for a while :) So I got both nice conversation and I am getting clean dishes too!

So why am I blue right now? I'm guessing it's kinda the come-down from working and going back to the whole unemployment thing. I don't know when my next gig is coming, and I have to stress over the money again. It sucks.

Well here's to hoping that tomorrow I get a call with another gig, that the weather is as beautiful as today, and I don't lose my reading glasses...

Posted by Acinom @ 8:32 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Check out the one at Cameron Village - they completely rebuilt it a couple of years ago and it's really nice! The one on Green Road isn't bad, but sometimes they have high school students there doing "research" - i.e., talking too loud and being obnoxious. Just have to time it right. =)

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 10:30 PM #
 
<< Home