Wednesday, June 18, 2008

 Like an Electric Fence, I Can't Get Over You...

So I have Imbroglio playing and I am just smiling thinking of all the memories associated with these songs. And the lyrics still crack me up all of these years later. I would love to hear some of these songs recorded today! hee.

So today I'm getting my new dishwasher. YAY! The little door on where you put the detergent won't close, and for this the whole thing needs to be replaced. Or so he said. This problem has been going on for a while, but I just ignored it and used those little packet thingies and figured I'd let them know whenever some other problem came up. Well, while I was in El Paso, the kitchen light went out so my sis had to call, and I told her to tell them about the dishwasher too. She promptly called me after he left and said that "hottie maintenance guy" had to order the part and would be back, and I should look pretty that day. Hee.

A few months ago the complex changed management so we did get a new maintenance staff, and I confess, this guy is pretty easy on the eyes. Well, Monday the part came in. And I was not looking pretty, oh well! But he was still cute and friendly to me. And I told him I'd rather just get a new dishwasher because this one sucks (he agreed on that point) and so couldn't we just pronounce it dead? He poked the door thingie a few times and said "yep, it's dead". So I'm honestly not sure if it was dead, or if he was being nice, but whatever, I'm getting a new dishwasher out of it so YAY!

He told me it should be in today. So I'm not quite going for pretty, but I did go for showered. Of course I'm still in my bathrobe so I guess I should get moving and put some clothes on, but I just can't seem to get it in gear.

One of the reasons for that is that I have decided to go to the library today. And I don't wanna! I am a self proclaimed book whore, and I like to OWN my books. I like to be able to reread them. I like to see them on my shelves. But alas, I must conserve money, and thus cannot be buying them for a while. But like any junkie, I need a fix... so I have to go score them at the library.

I guess I should go get dressed in case hottie maintenance man shows up, and so I can go run my errand....

Posted by Acinom @ 10:34 AM