Tuesday, April 22, 2008

 V is for Voila!

One of the most amusing roadtrips was when my friend Maria and I went up to Montreal for the day to shop. (This was back when I was living in Vermont, btw, clearly I'd not be roadtripping there from here!)

Anyway, being the smartass Americans that we are, we were referring to everything as Le ___. We were VERY amused when we actually saw a place called Le Sex Shop! (or was it Shoppe?) (We also kept referring to the dollar stores as the 79 cent stores! Of course now they're just dollar stores. Oh well.) We bought matching tshirts- "good girls go to heaven, bad girls go to Montreal". Several times I almost peed myself laughing.

But the most bizarre part of the evening was when we were walking on Rue St Catherine and ran into Popeye le Spider Man. He was doing some funky dance right there on the street. Of course Maria posed with him! We know a photo op when we see one!!

I'm pretty sure I spent the next day with a total stomach ache from how much laughing we did that day, but it was tout bon!

Posted by Acinom @ 7:00 PM

Read or Post a Comment

How the hayull did you remember the name of the street??

That was a fun day, a fun weekend. Thanks for that!

Posted by Blogger Maria @ 8:24 PM #
 
<< Home