Saturday, April 19, 2008

 S is for Stu

As in Ringo Stu Kitty :) I've been asked before how he got his middle name, and it's kinda hard to explain. It's one of those things that you had to be there to understand how funny it was, you know? But I'll try...

Back in college there was this guy Stu who was ubiquitous. Everywhere we went either he was already there or showed up shortly thereafter. Because of his omnipresence we somehow started changing every song that had the word you in it to Stu. I believe alcohol was involved the first time it happened. It works really well, try it! I remember singing "Hopelessly Devoted to Stu", "Bad Case of Loving Stu", and then, because at the same time the Red Hot Chili Peppers were also big, we started doing it with Flea and me, so there was the song "Flea and Stu and a Dog named Boo". It's fun, try it sometime!

And so somehow when Ringo Kitty was adopted it seemed only fitting that his middle name be Stu.

I wonder what that guy would think if he knew...

Posted by Acinom @ 7:11 PM