Saturday, April 12, 2008

 L is for Little Boy

So when I first adopted Seamus he was 9 weeks old. And a very little boy. His birthday was March 17th, and I knew I wanted him to have a nice Irish name, but I hadn't settled on one yet. So until we came up with the perfect name for him, I started calling him Little Boy. It stuck. I still use his proper name too, but more often it's just Little Boy. And the irony of this, of course, is that he is VERY far from little now. But to me he'll always be my Little Boy.

Now if you've read back to last year, you would know that he is a mighty hunter. And that it's not something I enjoy very much. We went through a lot to get the place mouse-free so he'd stop bringing me gifts in bed. And I think it's been about 8 months without a gift. Till last night.

The last few weeks he's been back sitting watch in the kitchen, but actually more on the threshold between the kitchen and dining room area. Sorta staring at the pantry...

Last night he brought me another mouse. Ugh.

So previously they had found that there was a gap between the wall and the floor behind the stove and they fixed that. I now fear that the same gap might exist in the back of the pantry. Ugh.

I know that I'll definitely be sleeping with the penlight under my pillow again for a while now...

Posted by Acinom @ 7:56 PM