Monday, April 07, 2008

 G is for Grits

No, not the food. This post is dedicated to my dear friend Gritsy :)

I met Grits through doing the yaya thing. One night we just started talking and the friendship grew from there through emails and this blog.

I think it sucks that we live so far away from each other.

She and I don't talk as much as we should. But whenever we do email, I feel like she gets me and I get her.

And she's thoughtful. Before I had my first surgery for that injury she sent me the best get well package ever. Not only did she put in a little gift for my sis too for taking care of me (how sweet!) but she also put in a little feather lined bell for me to ding when I needed help! She also put in a bag of healing stones, which I often carry with me when I need some extra strength. Recently I had them in my bag when I was at a meeting and they spilled out of their pouch into my bag. As I was putting them back in my friend I was with was looking at them and admiring them. Her favorite one was the same one that is my favorite- the one her daughter chose for me from their driveway.

T- I'm sorry that we've been pretty out of touch as of late. But know that I adore you. I might end up being in your state in May, pretty far away, but maybe we could do a midway meetup or something :)

Another great part about Grits is that we can be pretty out of touch, but I know we also still can pick it back up like we never missed a beat.

I love friends like that :)

Posted by Acinom @ 8:30 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Oh Mon, thank you for making my whole week!!

You are a true treasure to me and Im really really glad we started emailing and became such great friends.

You're right tho - we dont have to be in touch constantly and we can still pick right up.

Gonna have to figure out how to see you while you are in El Paso. Let me put my diggin hat on!!!


xoxoxo!!!!!

Posted by Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ @ 9:26 AM #
 
<< Home