Friday, April 04, 2008

 D is for Divine

Secrets of the Yaya Sisterhood that is...

This is one of my alltime favorite books. After reading it, I got involved with a local Yaya group, went to Yaya gatherings all over the country, and made some of my best friends.

One of the coolest parts of my involvement with this sisterhood was the chance to go to a special preview screening of the movie a few months before it came out. I flew out to San Francisco and went with a bunch of the women there, some of who I had just gotten to know well at a gathering in Ohio where we had over 40 women from (I think) 12 different states.

All in all I've been to gatherings in the Tennessee mountains, Virginia (both northern and Shannandoah Valley), Maryland (both Baltimore and the Eastern Shore), Ohio, San Fran, Nantucket, NYC, , Philly, Outer Banks of NC, and countless other smaller get-togethers for dinner/drinks/fun.

Because of my Yaya involvment I am the proud owner of 4 tiaras and 6 feather boas.

But more importantly, because of my Yaya involvment I have a network of friends all around the world who I know have my back, and I have theirs. It's a great feeling!

YAYA!

Posted by Acinom @ 10:00 PM

Read or Post a Comment

hey,is that you in the pink boa in front??

Posted by Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ @ 11:03 AM #
 
<< Home